Plum & Rosemary Lamb Shanks
Ingredients Serves 4-6
2 Tblspns plain flour
6 French trimmed lamb shanks
1 ½ Tblspns olive oil
1 br onion, halved & sliced
¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves
1 Tblspn fresh thyme
1 cup red wine
1 ½ cups chicken stock
2 Tblspns Worcestershire sauce
1 cup plum jam
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C fan forced
- Toss shanks in flour
- Heat oil in large heatproof casserole dish & brown shanks all over. Set aside
- Reduce heat & saute onion & herbs until
- Onion softens. Add wine. Simmer 1 min.
- Add stock, sauce, jam & s&p.
- Add shanks & bring to simmer.
- Cover & transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hr.
- Remove cover & bake further 30mins or Until meat is falling off bones.(slow cooker – LOW 8hrs, HIGH 4hrs)
- Serve with mash & beans or broccolini